Need to put ProC on concrete wall.

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by jcom, May 8, 2008.

1. jcom

jcom LawnSite Senior Member

We need to put an outdoor ProC on a concrete wall. Looking for potential options for fastening to the wall.

Are concrete anchors directly from the controller the preferred choice? Or should I mount the controller to another material like a treated board or other material and then to the wall?

Any inputs as to glue are also options I can consider. Silicone RTV is popular for us in different applications but have never tried it with mounting a controller.

Thanks to all for the ideas.

2. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

Indoor or outdoor?

Another mounting surface will make future actions easier. Wood is fine if inside. Wood to the wall with a couple of Tapconns, Pro-C to wood, as usual.
  3. Mark B

Mark B LawnSite Bronze Member

Why not mount it directly to the wall? The only issue is the holes in the inside do not have a fluch mount. So you have to find a small screw head that will go inside the sleeve so to speak.
  4. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

Plastic straight on the concrete is less forgiving than wood, dont overtighten or youll crack the enclosure. If you have to remove and do over, replace, or something else unforseen, concrete holes are much less forgiving the second time than wood.
  5. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

Do what the electricians do and mount a steel bar then use spring clips inside of it.
  6. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

You can always bury a 4x4 cedar post and mount to that.
  7. jcom

jcom LawnSite Senior Member

This is an outdoor controller.

After all the great ideas, I think unistrut will be my preferred mount in this instance.

Any ideas for where to find some plastic sheets that would support the controller?

8. jeffinsgf

jeffinsgf LawnSite Senior Member

Looks like overbuilding to me. Tapcon's can be had that are small enough, and they can be installed and removed several times without failure. Unless the surface is extremely irregular, I would screw it directly to the concrete and move on.
  9. No Rush

No Rush LawnSite Member

I have installed the ProC and other Hunter Controllers outdoors; a small amount of Clear Liquid Nail on the sleeve helps ensure every thing stays in place.
  10. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

Couple of wood furring strips and tapcons will do the trick as well.