Need to spray

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by Chugbug, Aug 15, 2010.

1. Chugbug

Chugbug LawnSite Member

Question about the best weed spray to use? Opinions? I was using the Bayer Crabgrass but they changed chemicals sometime this year and now it won't kill anything crabgrass coming up all over, shame it was such a good product. I need to spray 1 - 2 acreas, I have a 50 gal. PTO sprayer. I was told 2-4-D was the best out there but I got looking a ratio's and it was all greek to me. The yard is recovering from a dry summer, recent rains is greening it back up again but crabgrass is everywhere, out of control. I actually sprayed back in early July and it didn't do anything so I would like to spray as soon as possible but don't want to do any more damage to the yard. Any thoughts or suggestion? Thanks

2. sweetjetskier

sweetjetskier LawnSite Senior Member

what did you use from bayer for crabgrass?

3. sweetjetskier

2-4-d has nothing to do with crabgrass control :confused:

4. Chugbug

Chugbug LawnSite Member

Bayer all in one - Lawn weed and Crabgrass killer. 2-4-d is the active ingrediant in all weed killers. Local famer says its the best thing to use

5. sweetjetskier

dude the majority of herbicides contain 2-4 D, they do nothing for crabgrass.

never have, never will by themselves.

are you lic for pesticide applications?

6. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

Hire a pro--proper equipment, best chemical for the job, experienced people, knowledge of the weeds and products. If its a good job--its worth the money, right?

7. Chugbug

Chugbug LawnSite Member

My property, no lic. required.

8. Chugbug

Chugbug LawnSite Member

Thats the main reason I'm asking. Seemed like an easy fix but using 2-4-d. Lost ground this year, may just wait until the frost kills it off and lay down a preemergent next spring, just wanted to find the best chemical to use on the yard to keep the weeds down.

9. wrgrounds

wrgrounds LawnSite Member
    from WI

Pretty much any product works good as long as it's used properly. Chain store products don't work as well as buying from a supplier though.