1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Need to upgrade for Church Property mowing

Discussion in 'Sports Field Management' started by Brother Jay, May 11, 2008.

1. jsw2008

jsw2008 LawnSite Senior Member

I think you will be happy with hustler. Just make sure the dealer has a good reputation for customer service so if you do have any warranty issues it will be a pleasant experience.
  2. Brother Jay

Brother Jay LawnSite Member

Thanks for vote of confidence on Hustler. The dealer in Mishawaka also has four other locations in state. There also is another dealer in Goshen.
  3. d&rlawncare

d&rlawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Not a tax guy but can you use your churchs tax exempt number to make the purchase as well. That should save you on the tax.
  4. Danielslawnservice

Danielslawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

we used to use an old toro wheelhorse and now we've upgraded to bobcat ZTRs (2) and they are awesome both have around 2000hrs and still run GREAT just on regular maint.....
  5. foreplease

foreplease LawnSite Bronze Member

This is my first post here though I have been reading the forum for a few months.

Brother Jay: visit LESCO on Bendix Road near the airport. They were bought out by John Deere about a year ago. Though they primarily sell fertilizer and chemicals, they do sell equipment and the guys at that location are always helpful IMO.

My second choice for your situation would be to find a used mower that has been well maintained. The other responses here are right, this should only take you about 3 hours on the right mower.

RECESSION PROOF MOWING LawnSite Senior Member

I love my 60" Scag Turf Tiger with liquid cooled 27hp Kawasaki. I've got 5 acre city parks that we mow out in no time flat with quality stripes with this Scag. $5K could get you a nice used model, which is really all you need. Why buy new when a solid, under-800 hr unit will last a lifetime of church/residential mowing?