Need To Vent

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dog245, Jun 7, 2005.

1. dog245

dog245 LawnSite Member
    from Midwest

Just collected the mail and started entering payments when I come across one with a note attached to the statement telling me that "the lawn only needs mowed once a week, IF NEEDED, so the monthly bill will not exceed $180.00." Someone figure this lady out for me before I give her a call. Heres the facts $45 per mow. I mowed May 2, 10, 17, 24, 31 for a total of $225, once a week....right? April I mowed three times. Go figure some people, this is an educated person with an MD behind her name. Hope the patients don't get this same math when medicines are prescribed. :dizzy:

2. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

Did you have the dates of service on the statement?

3. dog245

dog245 LawnSite Member
    from Midwest

Yea they are there in B&W.

4. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

Most people think of a month as 4 weeks.........she wasn't thinking or was in a bad mood most likely without giving it much thought.
    Call her and explain, I'm sure she'll get the picture...........

5. Pro-Scapes

Pro-Scapes LawnSite Platinum Member

she pay in full or send 180? I couldnt imagine a Dr not understanding some months have 5 weeks lol.

6. dog245

dog245 LawnSite Member
    from Midwest

Paid in full. The neat thing is that just yesterday she was telling me how everybody comments on her lawn on how good it always looks. I have had to double cut the front each mow until yesterday.
    guess if I charge for the double mow maybe $225 won't look so bad. I know this is dealing with people, but damn, some people don't get it.

7. Rhett

Rhett LawnSite Bronze Member

Just expain it to her. Had that problem with about half of my new customers