Need to vent

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by AielLandscaping, Sep 10, 2002.

1. AielLandscaping

AielLandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

what is wrong with people? don't they realize that when you park a vehicale, put a ramp down, and they see you mowing a lawn, why do they always park as close to the end of the ramp as possible? every time this happens and i catch them, i have to stop what i'm doing, and get them to move their car so i can actually get my mower on the ramp...i hate putting out safety cones at every stop, but i think i'm going to have to get back into the habit because i don't want to have to strap everything down just so i can move the truck a few feet.... :blob2:
  2. Dennis E.

Dennis E. LawnSite Senior Member

Same here but at a commercial account. Business next door "steals" parking spaces.
    One of the cars is a older Caddy driven by a guy that looks like Tatoo from Fantasy Island. Little popcorn fart.
    He'll park as close to the tailgate of my trailer as he can when he shows up on the morning I'm there.
    It's hilarious.
    I return the favor by blowing as much @#$% as I can onto the hood of his car when cleaning up.
    He has not gotten the "clue" yet.:rolleyes: :D
  3. greenman

greenman LawnSite Addict

LOL. I was at one of my commercials a couple of weeks back and this guy was driving by (not coming from behind either, from the opposite direction) and stopped and told me that we need to put out some signs to let people know that we were there mowing.:D
    I just laughed and said "Yeah, whatever", and walked off shaking my head.:laugh:
  4. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Quite simply; if you have safety cones, use them. This includes front AND back if you're in a parking lot that you think your "space" might be invaded. I use mine most all the time if other cars are going to be parked around.
  5. TurfGuyTX

TurfGuyTX LawnSite Senior Member
    from DFW

Same as above. Safety cones with reflective tape could help if you ever work in low light conditions.
  6. AielLandscaping
    Your familar with the area I work and live in. What happens to you is one of the reasons that I use the set up I use. But even stil, with a sign that says"please stay back 10 feet", I still get idots that park right on my rear. I always like to leave\drop a small pile of wet grass on their hoods.