1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Need Trailer Plans

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by lawnrangeralaska, Jan 20, 2006.

1. lawnrangeralaska

lawnrangeralaska LawnSite Senior Member

Looking to build a trailer like big tex and so on. Plans that i am looking for are for the 20 foot landscape trailer with the 4 foot expanded metal sides. thanks james
  2. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

3. kirk brown

kirk brown LawnSite Member
    from Ontario

try google, but it`s hard to find free plans for trailers.
    good luck
  4. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

Make sure that wherever you get the plans from that you get "good" plans as a trailer that big and esp with 4' sides adding quite a bit to the overall weight will require that you ensure the balance and weight distrub is correct. Otherwise you'll have a mess towing and controlling it.
  5. RonB

RonB LawnSite Senior Member

6. B&B Lndscpng & Lwn Srvc

B&B Lndscpng & Lwn Srvc LawnSite Member

Hey Lawnranger. Hope you got the trailer pics i sent to you. Let me know what you think.
  7. lawnrangeralaska

Thanks i like the pics of your trailer! How long is it? I am looking for a trailer like that but four foot sides like the big tex trailers and various others that make that trailer. If i can only get plans for a 18ft that would work too. thanks
  8. lawnrangeralaska

found the trailer i want to build http://www.elamtrailers.com/image10.htm that trailer 6' 8'' x 20 and then build my own 4foot sides and rear ramp and cage just like the big tex trailers. tell me what yal think.
  9. Brendan Smith

Brendan Smith LawnSite Bronze Member