1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Need Tunes while you work?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Howard Roark, Dec 6, 2007.

1. Howard Roark

Howard Roark LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

Some of you may have posted this idea before, but for those who are looking for a great setup for music while you work, I thought I'd post a pic of what I used when I was in the field this year. They're basically shooting phones (not sure of the DB rating, but it was the highest they had) with an Ipod Nano in a leather case with Sure EC2 noise canceling ear plugs. The plug wires wrap around your ears and the muffs go right over, so you can have the volume on low and still drown out equipment noise. I beat the crap out of these this year, and the Ipod never even got a scratch.

Hope this helps for those looking for a great set up to use while performing boring work.

Happy Holidays!

ipod phones I.JPG

Ipod phones II.JPG
  2. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

Good idea.

BUCKEYE MOWING LawnSite Bronze Member

Looks sweet !! market that product to APPLE
  4. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

Buy a set of Peltors and plug your Ipod right into them.
  5. Howard Roark

Howard Roark LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

I personally found the Peltors to be poor at canceling out background noise, resulting in me having to turn my Ipod up louder. Although some may be ok with this, my end goal was to have my Ipod as low as possible while drowning out the equipment noise.