1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Need Velke help!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnstyler, Apr 24, 2010.

1. lawnstyler

lawnstyler LawnSite Member

I just started a lawn care business and things are going well. 1 problem I am having is with my single wheeled Velke. It is leaving unwanted striping down the middle of my mower stripes. It makes it look like a 22' mower has cut the yard. Can anyone help with this? Are there Velke's out there that won't leave the unwanted stripes?

On a separate not, if anyone knows of a good mulching or striping kit to add to my mower I would appreciate any leads.

My mower is a 52' Exmark Turf Tracer WB.

Thanks for your help.

2. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Just take it off and walk the mower.

3. STL Cuts

STL Cuts LawnSite Senior Member

You need an X2 Velke

4. FuturePilot4u

FuturePilot4u LawnSite Senior Member

you can walk it or get a 2 wheel velky, a swivel 2 wheel is the best.

5. brodo374

brodo374 LawnSite Member

Maybe you have it mounted onto the mower incorrectly. Try moving the mounting plated down to the holes just above the ones you are using now...also consider getting a two wheel sulky. shouldnt have that problem and also will be much more comfortable to spread feet some

6. lawnstyler

lawnstyler LawnSite Member

For the past 6 weeks I have been mowing 10 yards every Saturday as mowing is my second job. Needless to say I finish the day with achy, sore legs and blistered feet. I have been walking behind the WB which is why I am trying to find a Velke that will not screw up my mediocre stripes.

7. brodo374

brodo374 LawnSite Member

That's crazy. Get one, any one. It is 100% better on one's body.

8. Cut It Close

Cut It Close LawnSite Member
    from NJ

Velke X2 I use it with my 36" toro and 48" bobcat and the wheels are right in line with the mower wheels so striping is excellent.

9. exmarkguy123

exmarkguy123 LawnSite Member

Get jungle wheels. I have them behind my 60 turf tracer and that perform great! They ride smooth and dont leave unwanted marks.

10. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

a 2 wheel sulky or proslide will solve your unwanted stripe problem