Need voltage drop help

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by Rainman7, Apr 14, 2012.

1. steveparrott

steveparrott Sponsor

Unlike incandescent lamps, LED's (of all manufacturers) maintain a fairly constant color temp throughout their acceptable voltage range.

2. steveparrott

steveparrott Sponsor

The main reason we widened the voltage range on our LED's was to allow installers to put more fixtures on single wire runs. The savings in wire cost and labor are huge.

3. S&MLL

S&MLL LawnSite Senior Member

I was reffering to his 24 volt lamps steve. If they are running warm your led might not match color temp
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. LLC RI

LLC RI LawnSite Member

I agree with James. You're barking up the wrong tree trying to 'make' a non conforming system compatible indefinitely with new technology that is designed for conventional lighting systems.

As an upside to this, by converting to standard 12 volt LED, you can now achieve the long distances you need to go without as much worry about voltage drop, as the LED's are not as 'fussy' as halogen bulbs.

As an aside for all the 'tecchies' out there, IF one were to install an inductive load dimmer ahead of that 24 volt transformer, would the resulting outcome be a lower tap voltage?

George

5. Rainman7

Rainman7 LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

Well, the unique voltage dehancer supposedly never made it to the shelves. Think I'll just add a transformer and sequencer