Need Water Meter

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by PROCUT1, May 15, 2005.

1. PROCUT1

PROCUT1 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from TN

This is off the irrigation topic but i figured if anyone would know you guys would.

I need a meter that i can attach or rig to a hose to measure the number of gallons flowing through it. I do blacktop sealing and to make the sealer I have to add x amount of concentrate with x amount of water. i have been doing it with 5 gallon pails but that takes forever on a 500 gallon tank.

I have searched everywhere and i cant find a gallon meter. the only ones ive found have been hundreds and thousands of dollars..

2. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

You may have luck finding a meter that measures cubic feet, because as far as I know, that is usually how the city meters are. Badger makes one type, with 5/8" fittings on each end. Price is in the hundreds.
  3. stumper1620

stumper1620 LawnSite Bronze Member

you could check commercial pump company or any pump station manufacture like them, they make pump stations for golf courses that monitor flow & gallonage, also commercial swimming pools are required to monitor flow for the health dept. here is a link to a pool flow/total meter for pools. hope this helps you out, if not search pool supplies, leslies commercial should have them also.
  4. bicmudpuppy

bicmudpuppy LawnSite Silver Member

I haven't looked in a long time, but try a supplier for commercial spray equipment. I know I have used them on spray rigs so you know how much you have applied. Lesco might be a good place to start. Something in the back of my mind says they made one. Either 3/4 or 1" would be normal size and a digital readout. I didn't pay for or order the one I used on the old golf course spray rig over 20 years ago, but it was there and worked. Hope that helps.
  5. bicmudpuppy

bicmudpuppy LawnSite Silver Member

6. Mdirrigation

Mdirrigation LawnSite Silver Member

go to , able industries sells exactly what you need . Also if you are using a standard tank you can add the water by measuring inches . I have a 550 and have a chart that tells you how many inches equals the equivelent gallons.