Need website for pictures of mature plants

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by FERT-TEK, Apr 12, 2006.

1. FERT-TEK

FERT-TEK LawnSite Bronze Member

Hello, I am doing a small landscape install for a neighbor and am looking for a website with pictures of mature plants I might use to put together a install package. Do any of you have a website that would be a good reference?

Below you will find a before picture of the property. I only dabble in landscaping at my own home and am doing this as a favor. I am looking for a low maintenance planting since this guy is an attourney and is rarely home. I am thinking about either Dwarf burning bushes or Mrs Kim Lilacs in area 4 and either English Ivey and/or red and white annuals in areas 1,2 and 3. I live in zone 5 (Chicago suburbs) if that helps. Also any plant suggestions would be appreciated.

Gus's landscape project 006.jpg

Gus's landscape project 002.jpg

2. FERT-TEK

Anyone with some thoughts or a website I can referr to?

3. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn LawnSite Senior Member

1. Moonbeam Coreopsis
    2. Black Eyed Susan towards the back with Compact Basket of Gold in front
    3. Japanese Variegated Silver Grass towards the back with Compact Basket of Gold in the front
    4. Variegated Yellow Loosestrife in the back with Purple Coral Bells in front

Also relocate the Hosta's to under the Cherry Tree and put a Dwarf Crimson Pigmy Barberry in their place.

For pictures try www.monrovia.com

And fix the retaining wall.

4. cpritch

cpritch LawnSite Member

Monrovia has pretty decent photos on their website.

www.monrovia.com

Another idea would be to get some industry catalogs, those usually have excellent pictures in them. What I have done for my last couple of customers is create a design with a "potential" plant list and then take them to the nursery so they can view all of the plants in person and make a final selection. Very time consuming to do it that way though. . .

5. FERT-TEK

Thanks fellas! I will look into your suggestions on Monrovias website.

6. FERT-TEK

Green Mountain thank you I just checked them out and that package would look great there. Off to the nursury for pricing. Thanks again!

7. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

8. hoyboy

hoyboy LawnSite Senior Member
    from Chicago

Aw Jeesh... and all this time I've had my eyes on Miss Kim Lilac. And to hear she just got married and is now a Mrs. Another one bites the dust!

9. hoyboy

hoyboy LawnSite Senior Member
    from Chicago

Sorry Dave. Just kidding. Monrovia's site is good. Google Images works good too.

Good Luck!

10. FERT-TEK

I googled a couple of ideas but it was futile. Monrovia is a much better source.