1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Need wholesale mulch

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dmk395, Apr 6, 2001.

1. dmk395

dmk395 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ma

I am in Massachusetts and currently have a residential job where I am going to need about 60 yards of hemlock or dark spruce mulch. Does anyone know anybody who would deliver me a bulk load. I can get it from the local nursery but they wont go much below 35 a yard for the hemlock.
  2. bridges

bridges LawnSite Member
    from RI

That is the same price i pay for hemlock. Unless they went up this year. Last year they could not find any hemlock mulch. I live in RI
  3. MLI

MLI LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ma

dmk.....try Morse Brothers...1-800-866-4991
    or try Jolly Rancher...1-800879-2275
    Both of these guys deliver mulch to Mass. at decent prices.
  4. cat320

cat320 LawnSite Senior Member

You couls also try pro bark inc in Ipswich ,Ma 978-352-7543
    they where around $25 or so I think for hemlock and the min load is 50 yds .
  5. John C Stevens

John C Stevens LawnSite Member
    from MA

I recieved a flyer from a newer company for double ground red going for 18.00 /delivered per CY. I called for sample,they sent it out right away. I was pleasntly surprised. It's not colorized,but it has a real nice color like a heavy hemlock blend, (and I am very particular) the sample is supposed to be guaranteed consistent withthe load, so I am going to try one load anyway. We sell about 18-22 loades per annum, so I hope it works out. The company is in NH, name SDSinc CenterHarbor NH
    888-771-4428 There is another guy I trust alot more than the other two manufacturers and that is PR Russell in Maine, they are excellent, but a little pricey, but you dont have to worry about short load issues which is real bad with some companies.
    I hope it helps you some..John

[Edited by John C Stevens on 04-08-2001 at 01:59 PM]
  6. have you thought about maybe having the mulch blown? there is a company out in ct. that will blow mulch for you they get too much money i think though. there is a guy out by me that will deliver like 50 yards at a time. trempson wood recycling. they get 10 dollars a yard if you pick it up and maybe for you they would get 15 a yard to deliver. they have the brown stuff. and that is it.
  7. dmk395

dmk395 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ma

Thanks guys