Need Work Visas

Discussion in 'Employment' started by LawnServicesInc., May 25, 2006.

1. LawnServicesInc.

LawnServicesInc. LawnSite Member

I am in the ST.Louis, MO area and have called numerous attorneys in the area to try to get work Visas, we have great seasonal employees and want to ensure that we keep them by paying for their work visas. How do you get a hold of a company that we can get their visas through? (& or) I know there is an 800# for an amigos program but i don't know what that number is, does any one know that number?

2. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

What are you talking about......you are trying to get paperwork for guys that don't have any? If a worker is in US without paperwork you can't go and try to get him legal, at least not until we see what the latest bil comes out of congress. Or am I misunderstanding?

3. Dunn's

Dunn's LawnSite Bronze Member

You don't want to get them VISA's. Then you would have to pay them atleast minimum wage then your overhead would go up and you wouldn't make any money with eight guy's in the truck.

It's amazing how many people don't care about their country

4. JCP Crafts

JCP Crafts LawnSite Member

1-800- INS/ICE should be able to help you along.Perhaps the IRS and if not there is a politician in Colorado that could definately put you on the right track !

5. LawnServicesInc.

LawnServicesInc. LawnSite Member

We have been fighting with US workers for 15 years now and our business has always suffered because of the lack of work that can get done, because of the not showing up for work, leaving early, stealing equipment, dragging out the work, not wanting to do any work so they do not do what they are told, and if they do get off their butts the work they do is crappy. Now we have lots of work and no employees we have run news paper adds and still can not seem to find an American in St. Louis who wants to do good work. So i am looking for an attorney to help me get work visas for immigrant workers next year. Plus the guys that we can bring from Mexico want to work, know what they are doing because they have worked here before through other companies legally with visas, and yes my over head will go up because they are not cheep, i wish i could find guys even from another country to work at minimum wage, but there is a price to pay for good work that is reliable. I care a lot about our country, i just wish that American's were not forcing me to go to another country for labor. I wish the American people would get off their lazy butts and take some pride in what they do, because if they would i would not be in the situation i am in. :confused:

6. AWJ Services

AWJ Services LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Ga

So I guess that would include you the owner of the company?

You are an American aren't you?

7. beck

beck LawnSite Senior Member

call me 314-220-2181
    mark

8. Dunn's

Dunn's LawnSite Bronze Member

yea call beck I think he needs some $3 dollar an hour help as well, or maybe he is willing to lend you some of his as long as you pay his company $4 dollars an hour that way he makes a dollar an hour off it.

9. STLlawnboy

STLlawnboy LawnSite Member

Beck
    What company do you go through, is the a min. you need to get. Next year i will probably need 1 -2 workers. Also do you supply them housing as well.
    chris

10. STLlawnboy

STLlawnboy LawnSite Member

Beck
    What company do you go through, is the a min. you need to get. Next year i will probably need 1 -2 workers. Also do you supply them housing as well.
    chris