Need you guys opinion

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Big C, Feb 6, 2008.

1. Big C

Big C LawnSite Bronze Member

In order to help me bid residential and small commercial jobs (mow, edge,trim & blow) on lawns 1 acre or less... I came up with the following formula....tell me if this would work:

*$25 "trip fee" + $1 per 1000 square foot + any additional charges(excessive trimming,edging, trash pickup etc.)

*Example (using a 10,000 sq/ft property) would look like this:
    $25+10=$35+ additional charges(if any)

*I was also thinking of adding a 50% bi-weekly surcharge for all bi-weekly customers.

Let me know what you guys think.

2. TREEGUARD

TREEGUARD LawnSite Senior Member

i like that it's not bad. Good luck

3. coonman

coonman LawnSite Senior Member

Sounds good on paper. But I always have to walk the lawn and then give a bid. I might have two lawns that are exactly the same sq ft, but if one has a pool or a bunch of obstacles, it will be bid higher because of the extra trimming. I just start out with a $30 minimum and then just walk the lawn and go from there, but I don't do anything larger than a 1/4 acre, so its pretty easy for me to bid.

Good luck

4. Big C

Yeah...I plan on walking all the properties out to identify any out of the ordinary obsticles/challenges and factor that into the price. The above formula is just for my use and will not be shown to the customer....I will only give them the final price for the job.

5. Big C

Any more thoughts??????