Need your advise on a small mower please

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by vikingcompany, Jan 15, 2007.

1. vikingcompany

vikingcompany LawnSite Member
    from Toronto

I am starting out again in the industry this spring and have gotten an Exmark 38" Phaser. I was wanting to also get a self propelled mower for mowing in tight places. My target market is the smaller accounts but actually I will take any business I can get as I have a second Sears 40" riding mower. Could you suggest a good long lasting dependable mower that has a nice bagger on it? Thanks, Alex

2. Lugnut

Lugnut LawnSite Senior Member

Although they are not self propelled and have an offset wheel, lawnboy commercial mowers are great for quality in my opinion. They go for around $725 We had 10 at the golf course I worked at for mowing steep slopes, and let me tell you they went through hell. Rolling down these hills was not uncommon for them. They have a little cage around the engine to protect it and they would start right back up after a tumble. I do not know about the bagger on them but John Deere and Toro both make very nice commercial 21 inch mowers with baggers also. I've never used a Honda but alot of people on here seem to like them too