Need your critique

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Perfect touch landscapes, Dec 14, 2009.

1. Perfect touch landscapes

Perfect touch landscapes LawnSite Senior Member

What do you think of my Business Name? if you have negative, or positive response please elaborate. Thank you.

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

I think it sounds good.....simple and to the point.
  3. punt66

punt66 LawnSite Fanatic

sounds kind of fruity to me.
  4. lawns Etc

lawns Etc LawnSite Silver Member

its a good name but there is one in every town I have ever been in so you better check with your county to make sure that its not already registered.
  5. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

seems like names are an issue. I have seen everything from JOE'S lawn care.
    To 2 guys with mowers.

I think It has more to do with what type of Custoemr your targeting.

I mean Really if you were a guy making 12to 16,000 a year. you may call joe's.
    But if you made 2 to 3 million a year. I dont think you would be calling 2 guys with mowers.....

Try to think about where you want to be and what type of custoemr you want and if you even can handle a 100,000.00 a year contract?

Best of luck
  6. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

Sounds good to me.
  7. KeystoneLawn&Landscaping

KeystoneLawn&Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

bohiaa is correct. Your name and colors will become your brand. My thought is if you want to be treated as a serious professional (and be paid like one) you need to sound, look, and speak like one. 2 guys with a mower doesn't sound very professional. Show up to a customer for a quote in a crap looking vehicle wearing cut off shorts doesn't present a professional look either. I'm still solo with one truck and trailer. My color scheme is bright. I have a toll free number and also on the truck it says I serve 3 different counties (I do work in all 3 but 85% in my home county). I have many people ask me if "we" are hiring and I see your "trucks" all over. From that I gather my branding is working, people are noticing me and, more importantly, remembering me.
  8. SangerLawn

SangerLawn LawnSite Senior Member
    from indiana

I am sorry to say but I don’t agree completely with bohiaa. Yes he brings up some valid points but the name 2 men and a mower is a ripe off from a national moving company named 2 men and a truck. I am pretty sure a national chain does more revenue then any of us do.

To me the name isn’t as important as your work. We do very little advertising. We pick up most of our work based on customer referrals. If you are going to choose a name for advertising then it should start with a letter from A – D so if you do advertise in a phone book you will be one of the top listings. They go by alphabetical order.

Also…the names that start with cheap, affordable, perfect, clean, ect. are all over the place. Pick something original
  9. WGLandscapeMaintenance

WGLandscapeMaintenance LawnSite Bronze Member

Johnny Dumba$$'s Cheap Lawn Care

10. ryanslawns81

ryanslawns81 LawnSite Member

I like it!