1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Need Your Help Designing A BETTER Zero Turn Mower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ted corriher, Jan 7, 2010.

HISnHERS LawnSite Member

2. Cboy7

Cboy7 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Fl

yes... simplify.

go with huge pulleys instead of double belts.
    those tiny pulleys will wear out the bearings so fast.

and yes a better name.

and to be the Simon in your life and tell you honestly, Theres enough mower manufacturers out there.and Exmark already built a mower like that for 10k.

because you need dealer support as well.

You're a good guy with some good ideas though.
    good luck
  3. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

any word on this effort??????????
  4. TriCityLawnCareLLC

TriCityLawnCareLLC LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ohio

Different Name
    Keep the shaft driven deck (like kubota)
    I love the kubota series zero turns, both the zg and zd, the only draw back is their weight. I would like to see all the simple features that the kubotas offer, on a lighter weight possibly more compact mower. I Know it may not be an option right now, but I really like the kubota engine as well. Kawasaki and Kohler are ok i suppose. Anyhow those are my two cents worth.
  5. StanWilhite

StanWilhite LawnSite Silver Member

I think an air conditioned cab would be the biggest selling factor by far over other mowers. You could mow places that the cab wouldn't go (underneath limbs etc) with another mower. Just look at what cabs have done for tractors. Can you imagine how much more work the average LCO would feel like doing if he was in an air conditioned cab all day....all week?
  6. ReddensLawnCare

ReddensLawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey...any pictures on where we are so far? I would love to see this thing
  7. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

that is why i revived this thread. either he has made some progress or he abandoned the idea. i am curious to which
  8. ReddensLawnCare

ReddensLawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

I really hope it wasnt the latter of the two.
  9. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

10. ted corriher

ted corriher LawnSite Member

After several years of research and development, with suspension, different designs of mower decks, and a complete zero turn mower, we have come up with some great ideas, trashed some others, but have built several prototypes that we think will have a large impact in this industry, including the Tedbrakes™ on all mowers that we are building. Check out the new post with the new equipment to build Tedbrakes mowers in 2013. We planned on having them ready for the GIE show in Louisville this year, but the six month wait on our new laser has delayed us. So if you have any more ideas, let us hear them now because we are close to finishing our designs.