1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Need Your Help? Fall Clean Ups

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by minerapex, Aug 16, 2004.

1. minerapex

minerapex LawnSite Member

Hey guys I was just wondering who mows when they do their fall cleanups. This will be my first real year (last year only did 3) Last year I just cleaned up the leaves. The guys I'm talking to this year are telling me I should be mowing too. Last year I saw companies doing both, some mowing and some just picking up the leaves. I need to know which to do because I'm building my fall trailer (a open 6x10 landscape with the sides built up) but if I'm going to mow I need to leave room for my mower. Any opinions would help a lot. :confused:

2. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

We try to mow all the lawns regularly until the leaves drop, this makes it much easier to do the cleanup. And of course makes for a much lighter load in our truck.

3. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

we mow while doing the fall clean ups; charge them both for the mowing and clean ups, two birds with one stone

4. minerapex

minerapex LawnSite Member

So should I make room on the trailer for the mower or will I be fine leaving it as a box just for the leaves and not mow during the cleanups?