1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

need your honest opinion

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Tim Baden, Jun 9, 2002.

1. Tim Baden

Tim Baden LawnSite Member

In april I postsd I was getting out of the biz,health reasons(MS).Been
    kicking the idea around of buying a self propeled(21/22")and a cheap trimmer.Going out and doing 3-5 lawns a week.Wife is scared for me to be out in the heat.I really miss the lawn biz though.I need your honest opinion,do you think this would be to much for me to do?
    It's hard for me to make to my mind
    because I owned my own lawn biz twice and I would just jump back into just because I missed it and not thinking of the medical factors.
    Thanks for your advise,
  2. beck

beck LawnSite Senior Member

Have you talked to your Dr. about this?

Some of it may depend on the type you have. Either the exacerbating/remitting type which you will show symptoms for some time then go into remission. Or Chronic progressive which it does not go into remission.
    I would assume the first since you are contemplating working again.

I am an advocate of remaining active, my degree is in Occupational Therapy. I would start out slowly and not overdo it. Maybe only cut 3-4 days a week(I am not talking full days either) in case we get rain you would have a make up day.

Good Luck to you
    Hope this helped
  3. Tim Baden

I have the exacerbating type.I work part time,been off for 2 weeks because of an attack.Was at the hospital again for it.Blood pressure
    got up to 210 over 135 this time.
    I figure if I went and had just a few lawns,could spread them out so I wouldn't get tired so fast.This way
    if for some reason I couldn't do it
    I wouldn't be out so much money.
    Thanks again.
  4. Tim Baden

The doctors were not to keen about the idea but they said I could try and see what happens.
  5. scottb

scottb LawnSite Senior Member

Just take it easy and take your time,and enjoy doing it. And remeber your doing because you enjoy it.
  6. ADMowing

ADMowing LawnSite Member
    from Florida

Hi Tim,

I'd be kind of worried too if my husband did something like that. Make sure that you have a cell phone so that you can call someone if you get in trouble out there! Best of luck to you and have a good time out there mowing. We love it too!

A & D
    (Alex & Debbie)
  7. robert payer

robert payer LawnSite Senior Member

I will keep you in my prayers so that you make the correct decision.

I will continue to watch this thread.

Always remember the power of prayer!
  8. Brickman

Brickman LawnSite Bronze Member

Start about 10 or 11 in the morning, mow one in the morning, and one in the afternoon several days a week. This way you wouldn't be working too hard.

In the end YOU and only YOU can make this decision.
  9. Tim Baden

Thanks everybody for caring so much.
    I almost didn't post this today thought for sure someone would say what's that got to do with residential/commercial lawn care but I really value the opinions of this board.Thanks again