Need your input

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Chuck Sinclair, Sep 22, 2000.

1. Chuck Sinclair

Chuck Sinclair LawnSite Senior Member

I have an idea and I would like your input I have a dark side to me that you guys don’t know about I write computer programs I have some on the net for sale at
    http://www.mr-wizard.com here it what I purpose with all of your guys help I can write one heck of an estimate program for the lawn care profession (FREE of course) I can make it print out the results based on your input the hole nine yards. What do you think interested?

Chuck

2. LoneStarLawn

LoneStarLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Seems like a great idea...Seems though it would be hard to produce a program such as that because of all the factors that must be weighed in estimating. Can't wait to see it though.

PS What will you be using...VB...?

3. rats5656

rats5656 LawnSite Member

well get to to work right away and goodluck!!

4. Chuck Sinclair

Yep Visual Basic is the tool of choice.

What i will need is average times for mowing say a 1 acer lot with a 21",32",36",ect mower i only have 21" mowers right now. I also need to know what those factors and the average time added per factor so i can add them as an option.

Chuck

5. LoneStarLawn

LoneStarLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Will other factors be included.....like edging, trimming and so forth...

6. Chuck Sinclair

Ot can be Yes Because we know it XX amount of time to trim a fence 100 ft long and it takes xx amount to trim around a tree and xx amont of time to edge a sidewalk 20 ft long.

I can also make it database driven to store all the estimates.

7. OBRYANMAINT

OBRYANMAINT LawnSite Senior Member

you should buy one of phil nillson's books... time and labor data its all in there

8. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Sinclac wrote:

{I can write one heck of an estimate program for the lawn care profession (FREE of course) I can make it print out the results based on your input the hole nine yards. What do you think interested?}

When you get done with that please make us a billing/accounting/route program that we can afford.

9. excel25

excel25 LawnSite Senior Member

Sounds GREAT!!!!!!! also like Richards suggestion,,,,,,,When you get done with that please make us a billing/accounting/route program that we can afford.

10. Chuck Sinclair

Now come on guys what about Lawn Monkey it works great!
    I use it all the time and the price is more then reasonable and they have a payment plan too!

Chuck