Need your professional advice on what lawnmower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Craftybigdog, Jul 24, 2002.

1. Craftybigdog

Craftybigdog LawnSite Senior Member

Right now I have a John Deere Z-trak M-665 60in cut, Im wanting to but another lawnmower but I want a diesel and a 72in cut and also a zero-turn the john deere is a bit pricey and their parts are even worse what do you guys recommend I have looked at the Kubotas and the Toros but I wanted you guys input thanks alot!

2. Having a bit of trouble posting there buddy?:eek: :eek: :eek:

Can't help you with your question but just had to take a poke at ya for posting it 6 times.:D

3. molerat

molerat LawnSite Member

Look into an exmark. good prices & If you take care of it, I'll take of you $$$$!

4. Craftybigdog

Craftybigdog LawnSite Senior Member

Im sorry about that I didnt mean to do it several times, forgive me!!!!!:dizzy:

5. crazygator

crazygator LawnSite Bronze Member

I'd ask you to look at the Dixie Chopper. Awesome machines! Of course if you can live without the diesel, I'd say go with the twin engine 72". It will blow your mind. Very powerful machine, and very easy to operate. If I had larger acreage I would get one in a heart beat.

6. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

eXmark Lazer!!!!!!!!

They are also on this website if you have any questions for them.

Do a search and you'll find TONS of info on them here.

7. HLC

HLC LawnSite Member

Check out the Hustler Super Z. Not available in diesel yet but I hear they are working on it.

8. Cut 2 Please

Cut 2 Please LawnSite Member

Check out the new Ferris 5000. It has a 31 hp Cat diesel. Also it has the 4 wheel independent suspension so you can make better use of the speed the mower is capible of. Suspension makes all the differance in the world. I bought the 3000 with just rear suspension and the speed increase I gained was about 2-3 mph faster than what I was able to run on a Scag TT on the same yard. The hill holding ability of this mower is unbelievable. The 5000 is rather pricey but when you factor in the Cat diesel and the full suspension you might find it is well worth it.
    Demo as many as possible before you buy. All diesel mowers will be expensive and you will want to be happy with your choice after you spend that much money.

9. bettern'goats

bettern'goats LawnSite Member

I JUST BOUGHT A SCAG TURF TIGER W/ A 27 H.P. LIQUID COOLEDKAWASAKI. THE MOWER HAS A 61" DECK. THEY HAVE A 72" GAS OR DIESLED POWERED MOWER. I TRIED THE 72" BUT FOUND IT UNFEASIBLE IN SMALL YARDS. GO TO SCAG.COM

10. HOWARD JONES

HOWARD JONES LawnSite Member

I own a Toro, the Exmark is a "sister" company, identical chassis with significant differences in the deck only. If you come down to these two, I'll be happy to explain the differences between these two.