Need your reviews please!! Toro Grandstand

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jequigle, Oct 27, 2011.

1. jequigle

jequigle LawnSite Member

I am looking at purchasing a Toro Grandstand. Looking at the 48" deck with the 24hp Kawasaki. Dealer quoted me $8000 plus tax. What are your reviews? Thanks!!

2. lawnkingforever

lawnkingforever LawnSite Bronze Member

I have the 48" gs but with 19hp. If you are currently running a wb your productivity will increase big time. Much faster and more comfortable ride. Do not get sucked in by the wb feature, it is useless. With the platform folded up, it does not take up that much space on the trailer or in storage.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. j-ville native

j-ville native LawnSite Senior Member

I don't have one, but I also am interested in the grandstand because of its comfort and cut quality. $8k sounds high. I was quoted $7100 for a brand new 2011 48" Grandstand. You should definitely shop around because you can definitely find a better price than $8k, especially during the winter off season. Good luck.

4. j-ville native

j-ville native LawnSite Senior Member

O yeah, make sure you buy a 2011 or 2012 model because the earlier year models had some issues but the 2011's should be good because they worked out all the bugs

5. Promise-Land

Promise-Land LawnSite Member

Great, highly productive, compact and maneuverable. I love my Grandstand. Spend the few hundred more and get the 52". I got my 2011 24/52" for $6900.

6. sjessen

sjessen LawnSite Gold Member
    Male, from Knoxville, Tn

Watch Ebay for some good prices on demos.

7. Dodge Boys

Dodge Boys LawnSite Member

I have two 48" Grand Stands.... They're both for sale.... 2009, 48" cut, $3500.00 each - if anyone's interested PM me..... About 600 hrs a piece.... They've been great since all the updates have been done... They sure save a lot of walking!!!

8. PremierT&L

PremierT&L LawnSite Member

I'd like to hear some feedback on the 36s. Are the tires wide enough to not rut in damp conditions?

9. jequigle

jequigle LawnSite Member

I currently run a Toro ztr with a 54 in deck and I like the grandstand due to its compact size. I need something that can handle a slope better than my ztr. It also is much lighter which is something else I like.

Anyone else mind sharing what they paid for there grandstand? I do have 2 Toro dealers within 20 minutes of me so I can see which one has the better price. I just like the one I go to now because of the quality of the customer service.

10. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

We have t the 48/24, awesome.that price is too high
    Posted via Mobile Device