Need Your Thoughts Before Buying

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by HARRIS Property Management, Aug 12, 2009.

1. HARRIS Property Management

HARRIS Property Management LawnSite Member

I am about ready to pull the trigger on a Ride-On Spreader/Sprayer. Most of my accounts are under 1/2 acre. Ive narrowed my choices to a Turfco T3000, Z-Spray Jr or a Pathfinder by Groundlogic. The Z and the 3000 seemed priced about the same (around $8500) and the Pathfinder is $6500. I wasnt impressed with all the plastic on the Permagreens for the price. Does anyone have any experiece with these that you could offer some advice. I do like the reel option and the boom that comes with the Z but Im just not sure about plunking down the extra $2000. Being my first ride on I had started out looking for used units but havent had much luck. Any thoughts from you more experienced guys greatly appreciated.

2. RABBITMAN11

RABBITMAN11 LawnSite Bronze Member

I posted pics of my used equipment! I take good care of my Stuff, text book maintenance
    The z plugger has a sprayer unit with it as well.

3. grass4gas

grass4gas LawnSite Senior Member

I have been using a PG Centri for almost 10 years which was my first ride on. The damn thing just keeps on working, although some parts are starting to wear out and are in need of replacing. It really has been a good machine, but I don't know if I want to spend a couple thousand in parts. It runs great, but it is just a matter of time.

Like you, my accounts average around 15-20,000 square feet. If you can't find a used PG in decent shape...there are some folks on here who probably have a used one to sell...I would be inclined to go with the Z or T3000. Don't know much about the Ground Logic, except for what I have read.

I will be checking out both units myself this winter for a possible purchase. As far as the Z goes, I may just check out the new mini max unit. I like the idea that I can carry it on a rack, as that is what I do now with my PG.

Last I heard, the PG Magnums were around $7200. I think I paid $4200 for the one I have now. What ever your choice is, I don't think you can go wrong. There is no one perfect machine out there, so tailor it to best suit you.

Good luck

4. turfcobob

turfcobob LawnSite Senior Member

The Turfco T3000 is an excellent unit for the size properties you are talking about. Larry from American Lawn, Desmoine has mostly the same size of lots. He has two T 3000 units and is very satisfied with them The T has two spread widths 12 foot and 18 foot for a 6 foot effective and 9 foot effective and spray widths of 4 foot (good for trim), 6 foot and 9 foot to match the spread width. The unit will carry 270 pounds of fert and 16 gallons of liquid, enough to do over 60,000 sq. ft. per fill. The hand wand has a 15 foot hose so you can get into the real tight spots. It has to be really tight not to allow the 35 inch wide T into it. It is great on hills up to 30 degree and after that you are on your own. It is very precise with a spyker spreader and all hypro spray system and it drives like your car. A very precise trim virtually gets rid of your hand cans. Turfco has specials and financing going on right now. Call Turfco at 800-679-8201 ext 119 or you can call me
    turfcobob 402-432-2446

5. HARRIS Property Management

Rabbitman, PM me your phone number

6. Josh.S

Josh.S LawnSite Bronze Member

A T300 is 8600 and a Zspray Junior is 7600 (or pretty close). So you're paying only 1000 more than the pathfinder basically for a Z.

Scan through some of the past debates on here and you will find lots of information that should help make or break your decision. Just remember than many members of this forum have a very biased and narrow opinion on their machine, so some things should be taken with a grain of salt.

If you are searching through the forums for opinions... You should know that americanlawn, Real Green, and turfcobob are affialitaed with Turfco. Their opinions may or may not be biased. It is up for you to decide but I believe that their affiliation should be known.

My $.02 though is that if you are going to get a Z you my as well get an Intermediate. Reason being, the only differences between a Junior and Intermediate is the hopper size and rear tires. For $500 more you get twice as big as hopper and wider, more stable tires. It will still get through a 4 foot gate like a junior will.

Good luck!

7. RABBITMAN11

RABBITMAN11 LawnSite Bronze Member

Nice Point!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By the way i'm not biased ........LOL

8. HARRIS Property Management

I picked up on it through several PM meassages and postings. Thanks for the heads up and the information.

9. turfcobob

turfcobob LawnSite Senior Member

Let's get our facts straight. Turfcobob works at Turfco. American Lawn and Real Green are good customers and friends. They also advise us on what they want to see in a ride on. That is their affiliation with Turfco. Much like RCreech and all the guys are to LT Rich. Do not make it sound like they work for Turfco they do not. They just like Turfco and their equipment.

10. Josh.S

Josh.S LawnSite Bronze Member

I did not say that they worked at Turfco but I know for a fact that they help move the machines. Mat (Real Green) is even going around giving demo's of the T3000 and selling parts.