Needing some advice

Discussion in 'Fertilizer Application' started by stuntmanlogan, Feb 8, 2012.

1. stuntmanlogan

stuntmanlogan LawnSite Senior Member

Well as the title says, im needing some advice on equipment purchases this year. This year I will be adding liquid applications. Here are two setups I have in mind. Either purchasing a skid sprayer and a lesco ride on spreader or purchase a z spray the junior 36 model, because I have a handful of gated properties that have deep back yards.

Heres a rough estimate of the cost.
    Skid sprayer 4,000
    Lesco ride on 3 to 3,500
    Z spray 36 I found online for 8 or 8,500, I will call my dealer when I get closer to making a decision for exact price. This is just what a website had it listed at and I figured it couldn't be to much off.

So I could run the skid and ride on for around 8,000 or do just the z spray for around 9,000. Keep in mind these are rough cost and this is with out tax. I would like to know your thoughts on these set ups and what has worked best for you in the past. Thanks

2. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

for sale:waving:

3n13k33mc5Ob5T45R09a458f00aab632c14d8.jpg

3. stuntmanlogan

You delivering it? And does it fit threw a 36 inch gated property?

4. CHARLES CUE

CHARLES CUE LawnSite Silver Member

The above would work fine or a Z. Why not forget the skid and do it the best way on a Ride on

They both spray liquid to to remove weeds

and A chest or hand spreader for small places and a back pack

Charles Cue

5. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

6. stuntmanlogan

Thanks Charles, I just wanted to hear peoples opinions on the two setups. Im really leaning towards the z spray. I just wasn't sure if there was something I was missing about skid sprayers. I know a lot of people run them. Well at least around here.

7. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

i love the skid sprayer
    but i have a lot of places i cannot get a z
    i use both