NEEDS SOME HELP

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by rats5656, Sep 11, 2000.

1. rats5656

rats5656 LawnSite Member

THINGS I NEED TO TAKE CARE OF WITH THIS SITES HELP.

1.GET BOOKS ON HOW TO MAKE ESTIMATES.

2.WANT TO BUY A NEW MOWER HAVE A 52 BELT AND 36 BELT GETTING TRIED OF THEM ALWAYS BREAKING DOWN . WOULD LIKE ANY INFO ON WHAT IS GOOD MOWER OUT THERE .

3. WHAT ARE GOOD COUMPTER PROGRAMS OUT FOR BOTH ACCT. AND LANDSCAPING END OF THE BUSINESS.

4.THIS WILL SOUNDS STUPID WHAT ARE GOOD COMPANY NAMES TO CALL MY COMPANY I DO NOT HAVE A NAME BUT GIVE ONES YOU NEVER HEARD OF ONLY .

5.WHICH ONE ? NEXTEL OR CELL PHONES

IF ANY ONE CAN HELP PLEASE OH AND THANKS !!!!!

2. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

rats5656 wrote:

<b><i>1.GET BOOKS ON HOW TO MAKE ESTIMATES</b></i>

Try Phil Nillsons books. Go to http://www.turfquip.com to see them all.

<b><i>2.WANT TO BUY A NEW MOWER HAVE A 52 BELT AND 36 BELT GETTING TRIED OF THEM ALWAYS BREAKING DOWN . WOULD LIKE ANY INFO ON WHAT IS GOOD MOWER OUT THERE</b></i>

This is a very broad question. Are you looking for new beltdrives? Hydros? ZTR? Outfront mower? What kind of grass do you mow? Which dealers are near you? Do you want to bag mulch or discharge?

<b><i>3. WHAT ARE GOOD COUMPTER PROGRAMS OUT FOR BOTH ACCT. AND LANDSCAPING END OF THE BUSINESS</b></i>

Click on <b><i>Search</b></i> at the top of this page and look for software.

<b><i>4.THIS WILL SOUNDS STUPID WHAT ARE GOOD COMPANY NAMES TO CALL MY COMPANY I DO NOT HAVE A NAME BUT GIVE ONES YOU NEVER HEARD OF ONLY</b></i>

What kind of work are you doing? If it's lawn maintenance then try "Blades Of Green", "Prime Cuts", "Perfect Lawn". You want something thatis easy to remember.

<b><i>5.WHICH ONE ? NEXTEL OR CELL PHONES</b></i>

Do you have employees you need to be in constant touch with? If so then go with Nextel otherwise stick with the cell phones.

3. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

rat :do a serch on each of your question topic .in the past posts were a lot of topics like yours.

4. David Hartzog

David Hartzog Banned

i named my service eufaula's finest lawn service here is how i do my contracts.

Page 1 of 2

“Our Quality Creates Demand”

Eufaula’s Finest Lawn service
    P.O. Box 983, Eufaula, Al. 36027
    334-616-7380

E-mail Jhar303424@aol.com

Bid on grounds maintenance at _________________________, Eufaula, AL 36027
    Description of work:
    1. Visit site weekly
    2. Pick up all trash on grounds (Trash, cans, paper, limbs, pinecones sticks Ect)
    3. Cut grass as needed maintaining height of 2 to 2.5 inch giving better weed and drought control leaving lawn lush green and thick (warm climate grasses need to be cut at 2 to3 inch)
    4. Bag turf if asked (Clipping are good for soil; and reduces thatch as long as mowed regularly)
    5. Trim and edge around all landscape beds, existing trees, driveways, curbs, and sidewalks next to building (every cut)
    6. Blow off all walkways and sidewalks, curbs (every cut)
    7. Blow off all parking areas, removing trash, sand, rocks, etc. (as needed)
    8. Keep weeds and brush out of plant beds, parking lot cracks, and next to building
    9. Keep all shrubs, plants and bushes trimmed (as needed)
    10. Put out ant control where needed (outside only)
    11. Fertilize every three months – September, December, March, June, useing16-4-8 per application 4.68 lbs per1000sq. Ft (Total needed per year for centipede grass 18.75 lbs at 1000 sq.ft) Used empty fertilizer bag will be left at site upon owner request
    12. Fertilize plants at time of grass using 10-10-10.
    13. Spray weed control 48 hours after first cut, 1x per year on turf removing all unwanted Bahiagrass, weeds, Sedge grass, Broadleaf weeds for lawn only will not harm lawn)
    14. Aerate 2x a year (March & October)
    15. Dethach 1x a year (Febuary)
    16. Provide pine straw or cypress mulch twice a year if needed - October & April
    17. Spread annual ryegrass seed in fall when grass goes dormant to have green turf in winter (dies off in spring, will not harm lawn)
    18. Check irrigation if available

Conditions, Limitations, and Exclusions:
    This contract when accepted is effective____/____/____and is a binding 12-month contract that stays in effect until ____/____/____. Cancellation of this contract will only be granted if there is no remedy for unsatisfactory service after issuing two written warnings. If for any reason the contract is broken before the expiration date by either the customer or Eufaula’s finest lawn service, full money will be due for labor of that month and materials. Amount will be due 10 days upon release. Material will be totaled up, if any, from receipts for each product which is / was purchased.
    Does site need spring cleaning Yes___ No___ Price $_______
    Price: $_______Per month. Price includes all material and labor in lines 1-18

Page 2 of 2

Payment schedule: Balance due by the 10th monthly

Contact: For more information, please call or e-mail David R. Hartzog, Owner,
    (334)-616-7380 or Jhar303424@aol.com.

Thank you for allowing us to provide you with a proposal. Please get in touch if you have any questions. We are looking forward to working with you!

Respectfully submitted,

David R. Hartzog (owner)___________________________Date: _____________________

Accepted by________________Title__________________ Date: _____________________

Print name_____________________________

Comments: ____________________________________________________________________

5. rats5656

rats5656 LawnSite Member

ALL THIS IS GREAT INFO BUT CAN ANY OTHER PEOPLE HELP ME THANKS !!!!!

6. eslawns

eslawns LawnSite Senior Member

4.THIS WILL SOUNDS STUPID WHAT ARE GOOD COMPANY NAMES TO CALL MY COMPANY I DO NOT HAVE A NAME BUT GIVE ONES YOU NEVER HEARD OF ONLY

Lots of LM co's where you are? If so pick a name that will allow you to be near the "A" in the Yellow Pages. Something like: "All Seasons" or "All Turf." When people shop YP ads, they usually get a few names from the front. If you're "Zambisi's Lawn Service" you are SOL. Doesn't matter much if there are 10 cutters where you live, but here we have more than 2 pages.

7. BRL

BRL LawnSite Bronze Member

Use the Search function at the top right hand corner. Many great threads on your questions are already here to help you.