needs some info

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by ferdinand711, Nov 1, 2006.

1. ferdinand711

ferdinand711 LawnSite Member

I've ask a few curious, innocent or other would qoute it as stupid questions before but most that i've receive are INSULTS, now it's INFO that i need and will be much appreciated.

how much do you charge for leaf removal? not much overhead expenses ,doing it with a back pack blower and loading it manually.

thank you very much.

2. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

it depends on the amount of leaves.. if we go there bi-weekly and mulch the leaves everytime its the price of the cut + $10 (per cut) . and for the final clean-up i charge 3X the amount of the lawn... so if a lawn costs $35 to cut it would be $105 + Dump Fees. now for lawns that are covered in leaves and my commercial accounts... i charge $55-$60 per man hour.

3. ferdinand711

Thank you very much Raven,

so how about if they are already paying for the bagging of the clippings?
    and i would assume that a final clean-up is just leaf removal, no more mowing right?

i'm sorry if some questions seems absurd but i wouldn't ask if i already knew it.

4. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

the catchers only come out in the Spring & Fall for leaves. otherwise i only use it on 1 lawn during the season. and its my yard.

for the final clean-up we use the mowers also...(the bi-weekly cuts only get whats on the lawn). and then for the final clean-up we clear out beds and everything else. after all the leaves are gone we do 1 last cut on the lawn to make it look nice for winter and then we start all over in the spring.

also on my mower i am running doubles... High Lifts and Gator Blades.they turn leaves into nothing. just gators works great too.

and also....
    ... no one knows it all. and thats why everyone on Lawnsite is here. to help out fellow LCO's ! so good luck with your business and your clean-ups!

- Matt -

5. ferdinand711

THANK YOU VERY MUCH, THAT'S BASICALLY ALL I NEED TO GET STARTED.

THANK YOU AND GOD BLESS!