Neem Oil

Discussion in 'Organic Lawn Care' started by DeepGreenLawn, Jun 16, 2008.

1. DeepGreenLawn

DeepGreenLawn LawnSite Silver Member

OK, I found a "study" of the use of a neem oil product to help control japanese beetles. Has anyone else heard of this being used as a deterent?

The "study" was just some person who had heard that this product would work and took notes on her findings. She said there was a noticable difference.

2. treegal1

treegal1 LawnSite Gold Member

it is 7% effective at the 4 year mark, not the best. its a IGR not a repellent. we have just done a real research on several different control methods. the findings will be published in the fall

3. DeepGreenLawn

but the beetles are here now... I don't guess you could point us in the right direction? What is an IGR? This person said she applied it and noticed a considerable difference the same year, I don't know what all the factors were though, but she said that she had a a control that had A LOT more beetles on it than the ones she sprayed. I went ahead and ordered it just to see if it would work. I figured it was just a few dollars and if it did work I WOULD BE RICH! $$$$$

If you did find a product I am sure people will pay big bucks to have their roses saved.

4. TforTexas

TforTexas LawnSite Senior Member

Insect growth regulator

5. DeepGreenLawn

I am looking for something that I can use on adult beetles. Milkyspore, what I believe you are referring to, is only good on the grubs. And then, if your neighbors don't put it down, your still fighting a loosing battle as of right now.