Negatives with V front trailer?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Ramairfreak98ss, Mar 2, 2006.

1. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss LawnSite Silver Member

2. Eclipse

Eclipse LawnSite Bronze Member

I can't help with your question but that is not that great of price. MTI and Royal Cargo are the same company, simlar to how GMC and Chevy are the same truck.

I know where you can get that same exact trailer in the Royal Cargo brand for far less money than the Buy It Now price . If you are interested just shoot me a PM

3. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss LawnSite Silver Member

Why are the 20ft V nose so much heavier? 4300lbs compared to 3800lbs? thats 500lbs more for the V nose on the front?

How heavy should a 20ft enclosed trailer weigh? i was looking at 24ft haulmarks last year and they were 3400. now im looking at 20s that are 43xx ? Is this cheap build quality or is a 3400lb enclosed 20-24ft trailer built cheap? My open 16ft heavy duty 10k load trailer is 1650 empty.

http://www.royaltrailers.com/vnoseauto.html

4. Eclipse

Eclipse LawnSite Bronze Member

All other things being equal between the trailers it seems reasonable to me that a 5' V-Nose with a Ramp would weight about 500 more pounds.

A longer tongue, more wood, the exterior itself doesn't add much wight but it all adds up. I'd bet the ramp alone is well over 100 pounds.