neighbor complaints/threats

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Russ Bustamante, May 25, 2001.

1. Russ Bustamante

Russ Bustamante LawnSite Member

HI, recently, i received notes from a guy, who doesn't sign them ,telling me to slow my laser 52 down while cutting 10 houses in a row.i don't know where he lives or anything else about him. yesterday he wrote that he was going to have asound level meter and a code enforsment oficer too.(threat). the guy is a coward i know. can he do something like this? what can i do? the first note two weeks ago said, we as neighbors shouldn't have to listen to my equipment for the 2 1/2 hours that im there. i also cut 5 across the street. he is starting to bug me. what would you guys do . thanks, RUSS

2. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

You dont have to do anything except watch your back. Just ignore all the notes and just keep doing your job.

3. steveair

steveair LawnSite Bronze Member

Hello,

I would send a note 'signed anonymus' with no return address pretending that you are his neighbor and don't want to listen to his lawn mower for the 1 hour it takes him, or complaining about his lawn service if he doesn't cut it himself.

But seriously, I would ignore and just continue on. Unless the town has sound ordinances (which you may have to check into if the situations becomes larger) he has no legal basis for anything. The only thing I would worry about is if you are cutting early in the morning or late in the evening. Then you may have some legal concerns, as that is the basis for the sound ordinances I know of.

Sounds like a grumpy old man with nothing better to do with his time.

steveair

4. joshua

joshua LawnSite Bronze Member

let it go this guy has no clue as to what he's talking about, he tells you to slow down because of how much noise you make for 2.5 hours, what a fool, if you slow down the mower will make the same ammount of noise nomatter what speed you go and it will take you a lot longer. don't worry about him you're knocking 10 yards out in 2.5 hours even if they are $20 a lawn thats $200 in stopping of your truck. be a professional and don't write any notes or anything like that, maybe thats what this guy wants you to do and he'll call the cops on you for threating him. there are people out there like that if you don't alreafdy know that.

5. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

as long as you are up to codes, I'd supercharge the lazer, strasp on a nitrous tank and get a drag chute put on the back!

better yet...how 'bout the rocket powered chopper the used on "tool time". eric has that pic on his website!

GEO

6. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

y does being proffesional mean taking crap and being pushed around? what would tony sapprano do?

7. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

i wonder if flowmaster makes a straight pipe for the lazer. supercharged andd with straight pipe will liven the sound. i too say just ignore the guy.

8. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

I think I would be tempted to take off the other mowers and crank them up and let them idle for 2.5 hours. It would be worth the extra gas just to get under this guys skin.

9. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

Add an Alpine stereo system to the Lazer with 12" woofers and some eggggggggstreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeemely loud tweeters. Just don't play any rap crap. How bout some Lynard Skynard maybe!

10. sgreanbean

sgreanbean LawnSite Member
    from cal

go to the local decal shop and have them put a sticker on your window that says "This vehicle is under video survilance. please stay back"
    that will put a stop to him.