1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Neighbor/customer quandry

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by pseudosun, May 15, 2013.

1. OakNut

OakNut LawnSite Platinum Member

Better advice - Don't do anything for free.

Mixing business with neighbors is a step away from mixing business with family.
    Never a good idea.
  2. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

Isn't that what I just said?
  3. pseudosun

pseudosun LawnSite Bronze Member

Well, ex-cop/ neighbor man across the wall is already talking about money issues, and wants to wait. I called him last night. He went off on a rant, and i heard the word b i t c h (not sure who he was talking about), because i was looking for a way to get off the phone, without being rude. Here's the wall; I'm trying out my new camera phone. That's an old surveillance camera on top of the wall. Here we go.

Last edited: May 16, 2013
  4. Groomer

Groomer LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm getting some bad vibes from that spooky azz neighborhood you're living in.
  5. pseudosun

A positive is that he's a night owl, and patrols the neighborhood. He got into it with another neighbor nick named "big boy". Big Boy got one of those pistols with a laser light; not familiar with those. Anyway, he told ex-cop, "look what i got" and put the light on him. The ex-cop got all bent out of shape, and told him not to point at him. Now they don't talk, and avoid each other. Excop said he wasn't too old to whip his ass. Big Boy fired back and called him a bull shi d d e r. woo hoo
  6. johnjw77

johnjw77 LawnSite Member

sounds like you can turn your neighborhood lawn care business into a hit reality show.
  7. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

not really. that kind of thing doesn't mean someone is mature. that's just the process of life people go through. not everyone that is 19 in college parties all the time or even at all.

i dated a girl that was 19 and i was 25. we were on the same level as far as maturity. remember girls mature faster than guys. :laugh:
  8. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

what is the deal with the fence and the wall? if a wall is there why do you need a fence?
  9. pseudosun

his wall , my fence, and that's a servitude for utility trucks.
  10. Armsden&Son

Armsden&Son LawnSite Silver Member

Wow, I wonder how much that brick wall cost to install back in the day?... That is a beauty! Anyway, like somebody else already said.... Just be honest... Let these folks know that you work hard all day long and your time off is spent dealing with paperwork and trying to relax for 5 minutes out of the day.... A super busy, young entrepeneur's life is alot different than that of a retired cop. If they want to do business with you, fine. Will you treat them differently than your other clients? Most likely, but you sure as heck shouldn't charge them differently...