Neighbor drove over my lawn!

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by mc1169, Mar 11, 2007.

1. mc1169

mc1169 LawnSite Member

I'll give everyone the skinny of the story: Neighbor couldn't get around her mom's car (to get out of the driveway) so she figured she could go down the embankment (my lawn) and go around it. Needless to say she did go around but couldn't get back up to her driveway--after many tries and thus burning up my lawn she finally decided to drive clear across my lawn to get out onto the street!

When I got home to work to find ruts in my lawn I was *very* unhappy. If it was actually frozen when she did this perhaps it wouldn't have been such a big deal--but she did this about two months ago right before the big freeze here in the North East.

So the question: whats the best way to fix this? I don't want to exaggerate because none of the ruts are deeper then 2". Do I need to just fill will new soil and seed or should I just wait till the fall to see how it comes back?

2. mc1169

mc1169 LawnSite Member

Enjoy...what might I need to do to fix this?

Picture 174.jpg

Picture 176.jpg

Picture 177.jpg

MILSINC LawnSite Member

Your best solution:
    Tell the neighbor that you are hiring a landscaper to do the repair, and they will pay you the estimated cost. No work for you, No cost to you.
  4. IN2MOWN

IN2MOWN LawnSite Platinum Member

Is it mud on the grass or actuall ruts?

If its ruts just turn the soil, loosen it up, level it out and put some grass seed down.

Then send her the bill.
  5. sea ox

sea ox LawnSite Member

send her a bill to repair the lawn. then get a fence
  6. thes

thes LawnSite Member

wow...I can't believe a neighbor would do that! Was she drunk?:hammerhead:
    I agree that you should send her the repair bill...whether you do it or hire someone...get back the money that it costs to repair it.

Why should YOU have to foot the bill for something that SHE did??!!??
  7. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

Well fence first then worry about ruts. No. just kidding but knock some sence into her through here wallet. first I would discuss pricing by asking some profesionals to come and give estimate. personally I don't think it will cost much due to not rutting via your pics. I would say level out with top soil toss seed and call it good 2 months later you wont even notice she drove through it. charge her for aeration and overseed while you are at it. total cost maybe 400 bucks. I have done 4 of these in the last 2 weeks. some people. 2 insurance jobs and 2 home owner jobs. this is an easy fix if it was really rutted then it is some work. the bigest problem is matching seed to grass.