1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Neighbor Dumping Sticks/Grass

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by GardnerLandscaping, Jul 23, 2006.

1. GardnerLandscaping

GardnerLandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Came out, neighbor left a nice, neat pile of sticks and grass in my client's yard. I'm about to put down pine straw in the area so I just cleaned up the sticks.

What should I do?

Should I leave him a bill for stick and grass removal?

Should I put it back on his yard?
  2. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

put it back in his yard
  3. jim dailey

jim dailey LawnSite Senior Member

Just let YOUR customer know what happened and what you did about it. If it happens again, ask YOUR customer to speak to HIS neighbor, letting YOUR customer know that your time is worth money. DO NOT approach the neighbor...DO NOT give him the satisfaction.
  4. CutInEdge Lawn Care

CutInEdge Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Maybe the neighbor gave this guy the go ahead thinking it was no problem. I have a neighbor that crosses my back yard to throw things in the 2 acres next to me. It doesnt bother me as long as he treads lightly and picks up anything dropped. My back yard is nicely manicured and he knows I would get off my mower and beat him to a pulp with what ever was left in yard.
  5. jpp

jpp LawnSite Silver Member

I would speak to your customer, let him handle it. No need for you to get into a pissing match with the neighbor.
  6. zima

zima LawnSite Member

Put it back off your client's propety line and leave a bus card by the mail box , he may call after he see the job you are doing , nice to see ppl posting from my area
  7. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

Throw the crap back in his yard and ask him if he see's the word dump or waste disposal anywhere. Your customer hired you to get a job done, he has to live next to his neighbor and will not like being put in the position of chastising his neighbor over his lawn boy.
  8. Lynch Landscaping

Lynch Landscaping LawnSite Member

Put in the neighbors yard.
  9. Proscapez LLC

Proscapez LLC LawnSite Member

I have a job like that but i'm not sure which house is doing it, they put it in the corner of the property and the are 3 other lawns butting up there.
    usally its sticks and sometimes bags of dog waste. All 3 have dogs!
  10. POPO4995

POPO4995 LawnSite Bronze Member

Put them back in the yard and let the customer know what is going on.