neighbor had accident

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by the scaper, Sep 2, 2005.

1. the scaper

the scaper LawnSite Senior Member

man, i'm pretty bummed about this. I was doing a yard in my neighborhood a couple days ago and two doors up ,this old boy that gave me some firewood last year was cutting down a tree for HIS neighbor. I could hear his chainsaw running over there but did'nt think anything about it. well apparently just after I left he climbed back up the tree and fell, split his head open - done. What really makes me sick is that he was kind of a loner, sorta the black sheep of the neighborhood, yet taking care of a 3 year old little girl, and was probably just doing the tree to help make ends meet... Be careful guys ~

2. Brianslawn

Brianslawn LawnSite Silver Member

not quite the same but a customer thats been with since the begining lost his akc black lab last friday after i left from mowing. dog would always be excited to see me and want to play fetch with his favorite toy. i tossed it around the yard like every other time ive been there the past couple years they had him. after i left he dropped of heat exhaustion. 108* and no shade in their yard. woman went shopping for couple hours and left dog alone out back.

3. LawnMowerBoy48

LawnMowerBoy48 LawnSite Member

I had a customer kill himself a couple of years ago. He was an older man and lived by himself. Nice guy to chat with had a good conversation with him everytime I saw him. He was in the hospital for a couple of weeks prior to this happening. A close friend of the familys was the first cop on the scene he said there was medicine everywhere. He just couldn't take it anymore.

4. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

Yea I had one shoot himself in the head.Lived in a million dollar home,making money was all he had ever done and when he made a couple bad business decisions and put his biz in debt,his wife left him and his house was gonna have to go up for sale.He dident know how to just retire and live lower than he was living so he just ended it.The Chicken sh..... he was a freind too worked for him for 5 years.

5. greywynd

greywynd LawnSite Member

not quite the same is right......that's not an accident, that's negligence.....

6. Remsen1

Remsen1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Did you throw the ball for him a few dozen times that day? J/K LOL! :p

7. Emerscape

Emerscape LawnSite Member

this past winter I accidentally killed my boss's dog out in his yard. He bought his dog (labrador) about the same time we got our dog (newfoundland). I brought our newfie to work every day and the dogs played all day long in a pen together. One day after a snowstorm i was heading out with my dog in a dump truck to go deliver pallets of salt to some of the malls we plow. One of his daughters let his dog out of the house and didnt bother to watch him. As I slowley turned the dump truck around the dog ran under the tires and I never even saw him. All i heard was a yelp and I jumped out of the truck to find the dog squirming and bleeding everywhere.. I picked him up and ran into the house where I ran into all three of his daughters and wife getting ready to go off to school.. he died a minute or two later.. probably one of the worst days of my life.