1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Neighbor mows lawns

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by gglawns, Oct 12, 2005.

1. gglawns

gglawns LawnSite Member
    from Midwest

I show up to 3 of my accounts today that are all right in a row. Turns out the neighbor across the street mowed two of them the day before with his homeowner z. He cut them so short that it scalped everywhere there was a bump and he left mud tracks all over the driveway. So when I show up the clients say oh it doesn't need cut this week so and so cut it. What would you do?
  2. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

Tell em to enjoy their new lawn service.
  3. gorknoids

gorknoids LawnSite Senior Member

Bill them.
  4. Cigarcop

Cigarcop LawnSite Member

I agree that you should bill them because they should have contacted you and advised the lawn had been cut by them or someone else. You drove out there now they MUST pay.

TURFLORD LawnSite Senior Member

Go put a beat-down on the neighbor.
  6. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

I had a neighbor mow one of my accounts once. I mowed it anyways, and billed the normal amount. Never recieved any complaints.
  7. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Exactly what I was thinking...I would be pissed off big time.
  8. befnme

befnme LawnSite Bronze Member

if it was me i would take them the copy of their contract with me and remind them of number 16.

16.If contractor arrives at customer’s property to service lawn, but work is not needed due to service being performed by party other than contractor, this service agreement will be cancelled. Contractor will then charge customer regular service charge for work contractor arrived to do.
  9. wowlawncare

wowlawncare LawnSite Member
    from TN

EXACTLY. and walk away with a smile and go get another yard.
  10. Sir mowsalot

Sir mowsalot LawnSite Senior Member

^5 brother. right answer