Neighbor Threw Grass all over my cust. Property Today!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dhenegar, Apr 22, 2006.

1. dhenegar

dhenegar LawnSite Member

I was mowing today and a guy was mowing beside me. The way the yard is laid out is hard to describe, so I'll get right to it. His yard was high and he was using a John Deere rider, anyway he started about 30 feet from the road and went back and forward blowing his grass toward the road. I thought he was blowing it up to rake or something. I was watching him as I was mowing, didn't think much about it till when I went down to mow my side of the road he had blew it across the road and on to my customers yard. Well this just ticked me off! So I dropped the director and made a nice little mess back over to his yard( left a line of cut grass about 10" deep 4ft into his yard. Maybe he will get the picture to keep his grass on his property. We'll see? Anyone else ever had this problem and what did you do?
  2. mulcahy mowing

mulcahy mowing LawnSite Senior Member
    from ma

clean it up and send him a bill....
  3. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

Tell your customer what he did and let them hash it out with their neighbor. Not your fight to begin.
  4. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

Yea that was kinda a bad idea.You maybe should have nicely pointed the problem out to him before taking revenge..
  5. nephilim0167

nephilim0167 LawnSite Member

Now he's going to take you to court for vandalizing his property. CHEERS! :laugh:
  6. NEPSJay

NEPSJay LawnSite Senior Member

how do you vandalize his property with blown grass?:dizzy:
  7. Scotts' Yard Care

Scotts' Yard Care LawnSite Senior Member

America afterall. Some lawyer will turn it in to the crime of the century:laugh:
  8. Badgerz

Badgerz LawnSite Member

Reminds me of the woman that sued McDonald's for not telling her the coffee was hot. :dizzy:
  9. grassyfras

grassyfras LawnSite Bronze Member

Grow up dude. Leave the mess he left. Tell the customer and go to the next house. Thats really sad you blew grass on another guys property when it was the LCO's fault.
  10. Bustus

Bustus LawnSite Member

I wouldn't have gotten involved. Just do what you are supposed to do and move on. I would have left a note with the customer if they weren't home explaining it.