Neighborhood dogs peeing on lawn - Deterrent?

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by Handidrummed, Jun 2, 2008.

1. Handidrummed

Handidrummed LawnSite Member

I have noticed a 12" area on the edge of my lawn by my sidewalk which is a deep, dark, green ring of grass with what looks to be a burn spot in the middle. The guy at Lesco said it is most likely a burn spot caused by a female dog.

Of course because I have many dogs who go by on a daily basis I don't have the luxury of knowing which neighbor to tell to keep the dog off my lawn. Is there anything I can put down that won't harm the grass but will keep the dogs from doing their duty on my grass? A fence isn't an option here.

2. Penscape Landscaping

Penscape Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Gun! NO im joking probally some kind of motion activated sprinkler to spray it!

3. Handidrummed

We get a lot of people going by so it would constantly be going off :)

Is there anything I can spray? Lesco has a mustard based spray but it's $56 and burns your eyes when you spray it.

4. Mic_bug

Mic_bug LawnSite Member
    from N.B. MI

cat urine or deer blood.

5. Handidrummed

Cat Urine doesn't harm the grass?

6. Steve V.

Steve V. LawnSite Member

Cayenne pepper. Spread some of that in the yard along your property lines. Fido won't be sniffing around much.

Steve

7. Handidrummed

Interesting. Just mix it with water in a pump sprayer? How much per gallon? Will it hurt the grass? How often would I have to do it?

8. Steve V.

Steve V. LawnSite Member

Just sprinkle the raw powder into the lawn. When fido comes sniffing along he/she gets a rude welcome.

Steve

9. mngrassguy

mngrassguy LawnSite Silver Member

LMAO-Good idea though. Aah-chew:laugh::laugh::laugh:

10. BrIONwoshMunky

BrIONwoshMunky LawnSite Member

It also supposedly works if you're being trailed by bloodhounds... at least it worked for Cool Hand Luke! :walking: