Neighborhood Flyers

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by NCLawnMedic, Feb 17, 2005.

1. NCLawnMedic

NCLawnMedic LawnSite Member

This week we put out several thousand flyers in many neighborhoods. Heck, over the years we have been in business I am sure we have put out 10,000 plus flyers. Well, I received a call from an irate woman telling me not to put flyers in her box. I have never received a call like that before. I sent her a coupon for a free mowing to which she returned to me torn to peices. Has anyone else had any experiences like this?
  2. Eddie B

Eddie B LawnSite Senior Member
    from gone

you put it in the mailbox?
  3. NCLawnMedic

Nope, the neighborhoods have paper slots below the mailboxes. That is what most people dispurse flyers into. I have had great success in the past.
  4. Mclaughld

Mclaughld LawnSite Member

Some people are just crazy. Laugh and then move on. Maybe send her a new one with a note saying "I noticed your last coupon was damaged, thank you for sending it back to me. Here are 10 more for you to use and pass out to your friends. Have a wonderful day, and thank you again."
  5. TurfProSTL

TurfProSTL LawnSite Senior Member

Sounds like you ticked off .01% of those you hit with flyers. I wouldn't sweat over this one witch.....
  6. stumper1620

stumper1620 LawnSite Bronze Member

LOL, :laugh: :laugh: that would either soften her up or really REALLY P her off! :drinkup: :drinkup:
  7. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi NCLawnMedic,

Keep moving forward. You will get your word out.
  8. jasonnau

jasonnau LawnSite Senior Member

Make up one for 10% off your first psychiatric evaluation, and put the phone number for some local clinic. They would probably really get a kick out of her when she calls them and they didn't even put a flyer in her box!
  9. NCLawnMedic

Team Gopher, Words already out, flyers have always been good to me. This is just a funny situation I wanted to share. Jassonau, that is funny. :p
  10. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

That is one of the reason we mail everything as there more and more of those type folks out there. Plus I thinking mailing is more professional.