1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Neighborhood kid flyer

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by 65hoss, Jun 20, 2002.

1. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Yesterday morning in my sister's mailbox was a flyer. I brought it home so we could all enjoy it. Goes like this:

"XXXXXXX Lawn Service
    We are two brothers setting out to earn some extra money over the summer. We would like to mow your lawn for you on a weekly basis. We are very reliable, trust worthy and hardworking!! We would prefer to use your equipment...but have equipment if required. Rates are very reasonable.

If you are interested, please contact

I was thinking, do you think if I let them ride the Lazer they would pay me instead? hahaha:D
  2. Pro-Cut Lawns

Pro-Cut Lawns LawnSite Member

LMAO...be sure and show them where the brake pedal and clutch are on the Lazer.

At least they are making an effort and not sitting in front of a TV or computer. There is a kid set up by a busy street here in town selling hot dogs and lemonade. His Mother told me he made 84.00 in two days. He can't leave his station cause he doesnt want to miss a customer, so he has a Walkie talkie and his Grandmother has one in the house. If he runs low of supplies he radio's in and Grand Ma rushes out with supplies...LOL. Pretty industrious if you ask me.
  3. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

ROFLMAO!!!!! My gosh that was funny!
    Using other's equipment is going to take alot longer because of how they want you to use it and treat it etc. and if something breaks it could be your fault, you could have to pay for it, you're not familiar with it so it's going to take you longer and still not look as good, customer still has to maintain and repair it, you're going to have to get it out of their storage area and check the oil and fill it with gas before each usage and if it don't start you've got to mess around with it, etc. My first customer (neighbor) I used their mower and push mower until I got my own stuff then I used mine. Just alot easier and better cut, they can't gripe if you go fast, etc.
    But at least they are trying to work.... They'll probably get more work than me because their flyer practically screams "LOWBALL SCRUBS!!!!" All over it LOL.
    Thanks for the laughs 65Hoss!!!
  4. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Finally someone for the little old ladies on the "FIXED" income. $10 bucks and a couple of cookies and they'll knock it out.:cool:
  5. Wayward

Wayward LawnSite Member

Was walking into a convenience store today and saw a piece of paper taped to the window that said "Starving student lawn care call xxx-xxxx"...
  6. yardboyltd

yardboyltd LawnSite Senior Member

what did you expect from some kids?
  7. If thems chocolate chip cookies with walnuts I might could go for some of that barter work.:)
  8. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

them to at least use their parents mower until they cut a few to buy their own basic 21"
  9. yardboyltd

yardboyltd LawnSite Senior Member

Maybe they're not kids :) It just says they're brothers....
  10. Tony Harrell

Tony Harrell LawnSite Senior Member

Not saying it's the best way to do it but, they'll probably be busy. Hey, that's the way wall street does it!