Neighborhood kids

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Shuter, May 9, 2004.

1. Shuter

Shuter LawnSite Bronze Member

As I started mowing a properety ($600,000), the homeowner came out and said he has found someone else. I have had this customer for 3 years, and I have 28 other properties in the same neighborhood. I have not increased his price or changed the services in 3 years. He tells me 2 kids came by and said they would handle the maintenance for $10.00. He stated simply math says the kids are his best bet.

I tell him two things. 1. I explain the differences with equipment, taxes, insurance,.... and so on. Then I say it was nice to have you as a customer, but if you call me back when the $10. crew fails you, I will refuse to your work. Have a nice day.

After about 30 seconds he asked me to continue and not change anything.

Nice kids. Give them credit for wanting to make a buck, but if they came to me I would hire them as summer help for $10.00 / hr.

Some people are unbelievable.

2. NCSULandscaper

NCSULandscaper Banned

Shows you how depandable even a good client is.

3. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

Thats just stupid, if you live in a big dollar house like that why the heck would you pay a couple kids with push mowers to do it? People amaze me. Thats all i go after is upper scale houses and so far i haven't seen or met any one that is like that, they all want quality.

4. NCSULandscaper

NCSULandscaper Banned

Because they dont get rich by spending money.