Neighborhood Meeting

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by wglawncare, Feb 23, 2006.

1. wglawncare

wglawncare LawnSite Member

I was invited to a neighborhood meeting of approximately 30 lakefront owners. I currently have 1 customer in that area, and he happens to be the person that created the meeting. He has invited me and told me to get something together for that meeting. What do I bring? Business Cards... what else should I bring and be prepared for?

2. tjsquickcuts

tjsquickcuts LawnSite Senior Member
    from Atlanta

I say, go with 30 contracts, biz cards, a service outline plan on paper for each customer, as well as on sometype of bulltin board paper with large print. As lastly, have a drawing for one lucky customer to either get free service for a period of time, or a free aeration, or treatment. Just give away something also.

3. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

How soon is the meeting? Do you have time to put a brochure together listing the services you provide? I like the idea about the free drawing.

4. wglawncare

wglawncare LawnSite Member

I have asked the guy exactly over the email when the meeting is, he hasnt given me an exact date. Maybe he doesn't no yet? Not sure? The problem I can see with the drawing is that most of these people already have lawn/landscpae services that they already use. And I cant give services that the other company is already performing.

5. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Bring lots of time, and be prepared to waste it.

6. Paradise Landscapes

Paradise Landscapes LawnSite Senior Member

You have what I call is a "mixer". Take and Give a sort seninar while your there on a selected topic. like How to maintain landscapes. (example) I would not call this a waste of time. Sorry. but when you have a customer that organizes a meeting like that, Thats' your time to shine. That customer is trying to sell your services to your and his neighbors.
    Take care, have fun with it and hope you sell well. :waving: :waving:

7. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

Business cards and brochures are what I would bring.