Neighboring commercial propery bid

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by grassmasterswilson, Mar 21, 2013.

1. grassmasterswilson

grassmasterswilson LawnSite Platinum Member
    from nc

Been asked to bid on a commercial property. There are 2 buildings side by side and owned by the same local group - it's an eye doctor and they are currently in one and recently bought the other ... Maybe expanding?

They are the two buildings in the middle of the picture. It has been oversexed in the fall so I'm sure it will be done again. Lawn is about 20k and just around the outside. The parking lot is 39k.

Since it is over seeded it will probably need mowing 10 months out of the year but every week trash and parking lot blown off. I'd be using ztr and backpack blowers but could buy big push blower. 2 man crew with possibility of 1 man in winter.

Bid will be mowing only. They normally pay for seeding, weed control, mulch, pruning as completed.

So if weekly mowing, trash pick up, and parking blown. What's your price per cut? I am at $85. Close?

image.jpg

2. Joel D

Joel D LawnSite Member

Where are you in NC. You could probably get more in Raleigh or a similar place. If you are comfortable with that then go for it. If you are the only one bidding for it I would push for the extra 20 buck though.

3. CLARK LAWN

CLARK LAWN LawnSite Silver Member

$85 per cut for 20K? If you can get that your doing something right.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. grassmasterswilson

from nc

You would also blow parking and spray cracks
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. grassmasterswilson

from nc

About 45 minutes from Raleigh. Have thought about it
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. herler

herler LawnSite Fanatic

Well I'd love to help but you said they oversex in the fall and my wife saw that and now she won't let me go.

7. Nate'sLawnCare

Nate'sLawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

Are you going to be doing the work outside their normal business hours? That would be the big question for me, whether I would have to be working around a bunch of vehicles in the lots and it would slow me down.

8. jrs.landscaping

jrs.landscaping LawnSite Silver Member
    from Maine

$85 is the price I would go with. However some commercial properties around the same size have gone for $15-$25 per visit in my area :dizzy: