Neihbor cut lawn

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobby perez, May 11, 2004.

1. bobby perez

bobby perez LawnSite Member

Show up to 2 properties today where the neihbors cut my clients front lawn. So they Inquire about a price reduction . I say 1st of all thanks to the neihbor but the price is still the sameI have a minimum for cuts which is 25$. The propeties are small but they are still 25$. 2nd I did show up on the scheduled day of the cut. One of the neihbors came up to me and apalogized saying"Im not trying to take your business from you but I cut it because it was high." I said don't apoligize you did the neihborly thing . This ever happened to any one else?

2. lafrance4078

lafrance4078 LawnSite Member

This very same thing happened to me yesterday. The customer is my next door neighbor. The guy on the other side of him, mowed it while I was out mowing for the day. It did need to be mowed, but I said that I would be there to mow it on Mon. and at 4 pm it was mowed. I am still charging the $25 that I said I would because I still had to do the trimming that the other neighbor didn't do.

3. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

If it's a one time mixup, you can't really be that mad about it. But still charge them full price. That will get the point across. If it happens repeatedly, then you have to say something.

4. Firstclasslawn

Firstclasslawn LawnSite Senior Member

Dont wanna piss you off MTDMAN but I checked out your website and it appears all cluttered to me and at the same time some things sound desperate like pre-pay for a whole season, I can make your website just as good as mine if not better if you like and I'll do it for FREE just my 2 cents bro Just wanna help not offend

5. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

LOL! I too could have whole pages of pictures of my equipment, and relaxation pages, eh? Desperate my butt. I had 15 grand paid and in the bank this year before I ever did any work, and it'll be drawing interest waiting for me this winter. Thanks for the laugh, though.

:rolleyes:

6. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

MTD, I think your web page looks great.

7. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

I have had neighbors and even family members do the mowing for customers at times over the last 9 years. It always has been a one time thing and I didn't really get too charged up over it. Now trying to bust you down for a price reduction is another thing and you are right for sticking to your agreed to price.

Sorry for getting off of your topic but what the hell does mtdmans website have to do with this thread. Use the PM button if you are gonna have a private conversation that does not relate to the thread. BTW, I think mtdmans website is fine the way it is.

8. Mikes Lawn Landscape

Mikes Lawn Landscape LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

He's BACK :confused:

9. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

Things happen but if you were there on the scheduled day and you did end up cutting the back, trimming, edging and blowing then you should get paid the full amount.

Gravely_Man

10. bobby perez

bobby perez LawnSite Member

I did get paid full price I told them kindly that I cut grass not Prices