1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

nematodes for grub control

Discussion in 'Organic Lawn Care' started by Wisentaner, May 8, 2009.

1. Wisentaner

Wisentaner LawnSite Member

I am planing on trying nematodes from NC Organics and was wondering if anyone is has use them could share there results with me.
  2. Hi Jon;

I have been using Grub Guard for several years with good results. Most of my experience with them has been to supress Black Vine Weevil.

The failures out there usually stem from less than ideal application techniques like applying them when it's too hot or dry, too sunny or with a sprayer with the wrong pump. There is a wealth of information here.

Working with pressures 150 psi and less are recommended.

Soils with sufficient organic matter rarely have issues with white grubs...so a test from A&L will tell you that for a small investment.

How is the sprayer? Take care Jon.
  3. upidstay

upidstay LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

Used them a few times with mixed results. Typically took a second application to get rid of them completely. Critters continued to feed on the grubs for a number of days after application, leading to further turf damage.
  4. treegal1

treegal1 LawnSite Gold Member

one day I am going to show you guys and gals how to inoculate grubs to grow out the nematodes..........................