Nervous Toro ZTR

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by Mowtown Mike, Jan 8, 2007.

1. Mowtown Mike

Mowtown Mike LawnSite Member

My 2003 toro 52" 19hp ztr is very tough to manuver in tight areas. The left control is very sensitive to the touch. The machine has about 700hrs on it. I was wonder what could be causing this problem. Hydro valve or something. Can I fix it myself or bring it to the dealer?
  2. roguesuerte

roguesuerte LawnSite Member

I am not familiar wth the Toro specifically but alot of ZTR's have a steering dampener. It is looks likw a small shock absorber and is easy to replace but will probally have to be ordered. I would try that first since its only affecting one side. Steve
  3. Mowtown Mike

Mowtown Mike LawnSite Member

It was the steering damper, I took it off and brought it to my dealer. They had it in stock and charged me $35 for it. I thought it was a little pricey, but what can you do. I looked for a few hours for it online and could not locate it on MOWPART or POWER EQUIPMENT. Where could I go for a specific TORO part? THanks Mike
  4. LCPullman

LCPullman LawnSite Senior Member

If you need to find a part number, get your model number, your serial number, go to this llink, insert your numbers, once you have got to your mower, click Look Up Parts and start browsing for what you want.

If you are looking for a place to buy the part, you can check out The prices here are similar to what I pay at my dealer, but you could always check it out to get an idea of what the price is.
  5. Potchkins

Potchkins LawnSite Senior Member

it's a good idea to replace them in pairs