1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

nest? hive?

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by turfrider1020, Aug 23, 2010.

1. turfrider1020

turfrider1020 LawnSite Senior Member

can anyone tell me for sure what this is, i think it is a hornets nest, ive heard wasp nest, and african bee nest, but i would like to be sure so i can figure out what i am dealing with, i am allergic to hornets,wasps, and bees so i dont want to mess with it if it is dangerous

2. deerewashed

deerewashed LawnSite Senior Member

those are wasps no doubt.....
  3. bulwa11

bulwa11 LawnSite Member
    from Poland

Thats big :O damn I hate bees, hornets and all those little flying stinging garbage :(
  4. KE-llc

KE-llc LawnSite Senior Member

got stung by 2 wasps last week and blew up and had hives.....never ever had anything like that happen to me before....buy some spray and kill them in early morning or later in the day when its cool out and they're less active
  5. Nick's Lawn Care

Nick's Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Bald Hornets, they are very nasty...

TREEGUARD LawnSite Senior Member

smack it with a stick and find out. lol
  7. Trevor8

Trevor8 LawnSite Senior Member
    from IA

That would be a hive. Get some wasp killer and spray it in the hole at night to kill them, then nock the hive down and throw it in your neighbors yard.
  8. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

It's football shaped with a single large exit hole coming sideways out the bottom...classic white faced hornets. Handle with caution.
  9. grasshog08

grasshog08 LawnSite Member

hornets nest no doubt
  10. blakerugg

blakerugg LawnSite Senior Member