nest? hive?

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by turfrider1020, Aug 23, 2010.

1. dKoester

dKoester LawnSite Gold Member

That nest is small. If your like me wait till it gets bigger and have some fun. Noobs.

2. turfrider1020

turfrider1020 LawnSite Senior Member

okay next, it is about 50 to 60 ft up or more spray wont reach it, is it time to call an exterminator, remember if i get stung once im on my way to the e.r.

3. turfrider1020

also thanks everyone for the insight

4. RussellB

RussellB LawnSite Fanatic

The first shotgun I ever shot was a double barrel 12 guage 40 years ago. Dad said aim for the tree and give it both barrels. I did, ended up on my butt and there was a hole in the tree where the hive used to be. Works well. I don't think they will come after you if the nest is that high but if you need to get rid of them, call a bee keeper.

5. turfrider1020

thanx everyone i have found out what t is and also that i SHOULD leave it alone, according to most of what i found on them they are docile and wont sting unless the nest is disturbed, since the nest is so high , i think ill wait til fall once they are dead and then remove the nest

once again thanx to everyone, i love this site

6. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

White faced hornets are far from docile. I don't know how many times I've been stung the past 20 years by white hornets when I wasn't even messing with their nest. They're arguably one of the most aggressive type of common stinging insect.

7. dKoester

dKoester LawnSite Gold Member

50-60 feet up, you should be fine. You are well out of their flight path.

8. kodak mowing

kodak mowing LawnSite Member

hornets nest i would get some really good waspe spray soak it several times and over aweek or two then knock it down,or leave it alone haha

9. joef450snowplow

joef450snowplow LawnSite Senior Member

make a flame thrower out of a water gun n spray those *********

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2010
  10. turfrider1020

i thought about a flamethrower at first, but i love that tree, and it is about 10 or 15 feet from the house and if i burn it down i think the wife would , well you get the idea