Net Profit Margin

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lsylvain, Sep 29, 2006.

?

What is your Net Profit Margin

1. 5%

6 vote(s)
    11.5%
  2. 10%

3 vote(s)
    5.8%
  3. 15%

3 vote(s)
    5.8%
  4. 20%

11 vote(s)
    21.2%
  5. 25%

29 vote(s)
    55.8%
  1. lsylvain

lsylvain LawnSite Senior Member

I wanted to see how much has changed in the last 3 years since I sold out. I know these threads hardly ever work but I'm willing to try it again. What is your Net Profit Margin over all. For example if you have quickbooks pull up your profit and loss statement and under dates choose ALL and divide your net by your total Revenues. Please don't guess this will be helpful to all.

Thanks,

2. lsylvain

Shoot, I forgot to put 25% plus in the last choice so if you are 25% or more choose 25% if we have a lot of people there we can run another poll.

3. jazak

jazak LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

What if its OVER 25%??? I make about 40% on each lawn I mow including ALL expenses + the $$$$ is split 50/50 with my brother so its like a 80/20- 80% profit & 20& loss.

4. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

That makes absolutely no sense...QB's tells me 26.4% for the first half of 06. BTW, you must include your reconciled bank statements to get a true, up-to-date picture.

5. lsylvain

Only 10 people visit this site?

6. JTF40

JTF40 LawnSite Senior Member

Revive this post on Monday afternoon/evening. Many do not visit Lawnsite on weekends. :usflag:

7. LawnGuy73

LawnGuy73 LawnSite Bronze Member

Ah...What?

8. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

75% of the people on here probably don't know their -TRUE- profit %. Hell, I'm not even completely sure of mine after running the report. I have QB, use QB, but I don't trust all the information that comes out of it because I'm sure I'm entering 100% of the business data correctly. Winter can't come fast enough, then the business gets an operating systems overhaul.

9. lsylvain

wow! so far over half of the people that have voted have been over 25%. I also didn't think to have everyone mention whether this number included their pay or not. Mine came in at about 36%, but that is before any money for me.

10. lsylvain

still at almost 50% over 25% Wow!