Net Profit per day

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by terracare, Mar 16, 2004.

1. terracare

terracare LawnSite Senior Member

Hello everyone, I was just wondering what a good net profit per employee per day would be? We are going to be looking to net about 600 per day. How many employees should be out there to reach this?

Todd

2. Steady Mowing

Steady Mowing LawnSite Member

You should try to get $50-$60 an hour for each employee
    Josh

3. Barkleymut

Barkleymut LawnSite Bronze Member

That would be 150K per year based on a 250day work year. It is best to start small and work your way up towards this goal.

4. terracare

Our working year will be approximately 168 days (28 weeks x 6 days/week), not including rain-outs. 600 net per day can be achieved with higher productivity (more employees). I would just like to know about how much net (gross - expenses - taxes) profit I should be making per day per employee. 600 is just our goal.

Thanks for the input!

Todd

5. Flipperneck

Flipperneck LawnSite Member

If you want to make that off one employee per day you better invest in a 50,000 dollar piece of equipment for that employee. Unless you charge 120 an hour for labor out there in the midwest.

6. terracare

Oh I got everyone confused... forget the 600 net per day for a minute.. I would just like to know how much net I should be making per day per employee. 600 net per day is not a per employee goal.

Todd

7. monkey9197

monkey9197 LawnSite Member
    from NY

so u want 600 in your pocket profit u are saying? per day?

8. terracare

That is the goal we want to accomplish eventually... How many employees is it going to take to make it happen per day?

Todd

9. monkey9197

monkey9197 LawnSite Member
    from NY

i dont get why the number of employees effects that?i would goal to have less employees that are more effiecient. less people u need to pay more goes into your pocket

10. Meadowbrook

Meadowbrook LawnSite Senior Member

Way back when I FIRST started out I charged 8 bucks an hour. I have since added brand new trucks, an arsenal of mowers, and a bunch of landscape equip. I can't give out my exact rates, but I have since increased my rates substancially, and I'm still nailing jobs left and right (knock on wood)

Chris