1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

net profit=$ per lawn

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobbygedd, Oct 2, 2004.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

the trend here is becomming this: buy $120,000 worth of equipment. get as many lawns as you can, an easy way to do this.....bid $20 on lawns that should easily be $30. this guy , has 300 lawns, he said after all is said and done, he makes $4 per lawn profit. is it just me, or is this insane?
  2. jpp

jpp LawnSite Silver Member

Sounds nuts to me.Also sounds like he won't be in business for to long either.
  3. Branchland

Branchland LawnSite Senior Member

Don't see how he could keep up and running for long.
  4. Precision

Precision LawnSite Silver Member

$4 times 300 = 1200 per week and you have 30 weeks up there. So he is netting $36,000. Those are some pretty razor thin margins. One 52" mower takes a crap and you are down to $29K.

Perhaps you should get to know his so you can get some cheap equipment when he goes belly up.

Or if all he is doing is sitting at home and making sure the bozos mow, then it isn't so bad. But if he has to do any work other than paper work. Too Scary.
  5. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

he does very little himself as far as the actual work goes. he's been in busy as a small timer for many years, and just went "big" 2 yrs ago. i know what he's doing, he's living on cash flow, not actual profits