network group.

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by f350, Jan 23, 2003.

1. f350

f350 Banned
    from mi

on wednesday i have a breakfast meeting with the local network group. the landscaper area has just opened up and i'm really excited to be part of this. does anyone else have any experiance with a network?

i might get back into mowing and not just applications of i could do just these commercial properties.
  2. DaveOhio

DaveOhio LawnSite Member

Mr. F350:

I've had sucess in my morning networking group. It is quite structured and has about twenty members. I've been in 5 years now. I do know my group is a marathon and not a sprint.

Check this site: or

3. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

I used to belong to one called BNI. Make sure you get in one that fits your schedule though. I got out because they met Wednesdays at noon and met for 2 hours. This caused me 3-4 hours of down time. I couldn't always schedule sprinkler work right near where the meetings were held. Plus by then I was dirty and stinky so I needed to wash up and change clothes first. Then drive to the next appt which may also not be in that area.

After a while it seemed that everyone was just giving referrals for work they in the group needed rather than getting work for people outside the group. I found that group wasn't what I really needed and got out.

Although I still do work for the people who run the whole state chapter of BNI :)